Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
I'm having withdrawals from my old studio. It was huge and I somehow filled it up and made huge messes. Now that we are back in Chicago, I had to take a hit on space. Don't get me wrong, I love our new place and I'm so lucky to have a in home studio, but it's half the size. It's hard to change your ways of working! I try to look at it as my chance to concentrate on the more important parts of my artwork and stay organized. We will see....artists aren't really known to be well organized!
Here are a few pictures of my old studio space and soon I will reveal the new space!!
Please don't forget to follow me on Instagram for new work and giveaways!! I'm really trying to grow in this social world and any help I would greatly appreciate it!
Friday, March 13, 2015
I love love love doing photo shoots of artwork. It took me such a long time to figure out new ways to display my prints and illustrations but now, I have so many "props" I can pull stuff from around the house. It kinda gives me an excuse to go accessory shopping. Here are some of my faves and are all available in the shop!! Can't wait to post new artwork and do some fun new shoots!!
Oh!! Be a doll, help a mama out...follow me on Instagram....
and PIN these pics too!
Monday, August 18, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
I am really trying to get back into regularly posting, but as you can see from the last time it has been a long time! I have a cute baby to thank for that. But, my blog has always just been a fun thing to update everyone on what I'm working on. So, that is just what I want to do today! Here are some great collaborations I've been doing with other bloggers. I love how they are styling my artwork and trays into their lives. Amazing blogs, you must jump over and check out...here are some of their pretty pictures!
Friday, February 14, 2014
Everyone loves peonies and I'm so excited to add this print to the store soon! It comes is 4 different colorways and in 8x10 for only $22 or a 16x20 for $55! The colors are bright and fun and will look great on any art wall, office space or a little area that needs a splash of color. We should have these on the website shortly!
Thursday, February 6, 2014
If you haven't heard of them, then I'm telling you now...Glitter Guide is the chicest/prettiest online publication around and I am so thrilled to do a Shop Talk feature with them. I haven't done many interviews, but this one was a no brainier and was like talking to a good girlfriend! Please check it out and share...you always feel sparkly after reading Glitter Guide!! Yay!!!
A few pictures from the feature and a some of our new spring patterns for Acrylic trays found here!
Monday, January 27, 2014
I wanted to share a few things that are must haves on my desk that keep me motivated, inspired and organized to run a small business. I've done it all from just using a legal pad and computer on the couch to finally having a full functioning office with filing, resources, catalogs....and all the other office-smoffice things. Trust me, if your surroundings are ready for business, good things will come your way!
1. Inspiring and Colorful Artwork. Always have something colorful or motivating on your wall that makes you happy when you sit down at the desk for the day. I love this print, found in Hattan Home and the Floral Painting is mine found here!
2. A Daily Planner. Whitney English's Day Designer will keep you organized and help get things crossed off the list. It such a great tool to plan ahead and keep track of all the things you have going on. I use to scribble things down, but there is something about putting it in a pretty book that helps you stick to staying organized.
3. Fancy Pens. Even if they are just decorative, cute pens and pencils sitting on the desk in a cute holder really make you feel like you have to get the job done.
4. Stationery and Note Cards. I think having these on hand are really important. I always try to write a thank you note to each customer that purchases something from my shop. I might not get everyone, but I do think a hand written thank you is greatly appreciated and goes a long way professionally.
5. Acrylic Tray. I don't know what I would do with out my trays! I make messes every hour, but I always try to keep the desk organized and an acrylic tray is great for all the little things the pile up through out the day. Check out all the personalized options we have in the shop here!
6. Logo & Business Cards. Place your business cards in a little holder so you can look at them and remind yourself that you're a professional and you mean business! Also, seeing your logo around the office also helps you feel like your office is a real place of business-because it is!
7. Photos. Placing a few photos of loved ones and fun memories is a great way to get through a tough day. Put some pictures that make you laugh, even if you're not the most stylish in it, but it will give you a kick in the rear the moment you feel like pulling your hair out. I change out my pictures and frames all the time as I make new, fun memories with friends and family.
What do you do to keep motivated and organized??
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
I don't do much to my Society 6 store and sometimes I forget to mention when there are great sales or free shipping...which is the best! I pulled some of my favorite patterns and products, but there are many more to choose from! Loving the new mugs, I have not seen them yet, but a collection of 4 would look really cute! Hop over to my Society 6 shop here and pick out some inexpensive cute things for yourself and get FREE shipping-WORLDWIDE thru Sunday! Yay!
Monday, January 20, 2014
The artwork was the start of my color palette...coral, indigo and gold is pretty much fantastic with anything-sorrry silver...I don't know if you'll ever be back in style when we have pretty gold things!
Rose Bud Art Print by Laura Dro....Marrakech Curtains....Sofa....Coral Ikat Pillow....Gold Vases....Aqua Frames....Flamingo Print....Peacock Blue Chair....Gold Trim Chest....Vintage Marquee Light Ampersand