New products and Surtex recap!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I am back! I really am!  I promise that I will be better about posting....Surtex is a very busy time for me, but now that it's over I am back to a normal schedule. 

Last time I promised to announce my first licensing contract with you and realized I never did!  That is so terrible...I know you've been dying in anticipation..haha!

Well, I am proud to say that a wonderful company that I met last year at Surtex, Magna Card, licensed about 8 of my designs for their back to school program for magnetic wallpapers for decorating your locker.  From pencil holders to mirrors and dry earase boards and a few other products similar.  It's really a great concept and I wish I had a locker that I could personalize and decorate.  Anyway, the response from retailers was great and they will be in stores like Staples, Michaels, Dollar Store, Amazon, Justice for Girls, Hallmark, Gordmans in the next few weeks!  So, if you have a niece or nephew or son or daughter that has a locker at school...this is a must for back to school products!  Check out this locker below...how adorable and really...a chandelier!!  These pictures are from Magna's booth at the National Stationery Show.  I will definitely be doing a give away when I get my samples, so check back often!



This was my second year exhibiting at Surtex and I was very pleased with everything.  My booth was not exactly how I envisioned, I wanted everything to look framed and that was a very bad decision...every morning I came to my booth, something had fell and sometimes would fall during the day.  But, you're not being judged on the look of your booth, but the look of your artwork and I had some great compliments from some big name retailers.  I hope to share what I am working on and with who as soon as it's official!  For now, here is a sneak peak of my booth and the patterns that I have been working on for the past 6 months!



 

3 comments:

  1. So exciting, congrats! I love everything - the elephant print - love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your artwork is absolutely gorgeous. And so is your blog! Would you like to follow each other doll?

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katie! Following your blog now:)

      Delete