New Ikat Painting

Friday, July 27, 2012




Pushing forward with my paintings, I finished up a new one last night.  It's 24x36 on canvas with acrylic paint and has different hues of vivid teal, pink, lavender, royal blue, metallic gold, orange and raspberry red-pink.  It really pops in the natural light and I am pleased as punch with the outcome.  Already started another, I am going to give yellow a try as the back ground color in the next painting.  I love figuring out interesting color palettes...they just sort of evolve as I paint!  What do you think of these crazy paintings?

**I am obviously not a great photographer...working on that!  My little digital camera doesn't represent the real colors that well...maybe I have it on a strange setting?  These pictures are really bright red when in fact it's more orange, deep raspberry and touches of hot pink...sorry if I am am blinding you!  The pictures don't do justice!

9 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING, you are so talented, I absolutely love this ! And the photos are great, you are good photographer.I will post it on the facebook, want all my friends to see it, and I will pint it.;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic ikat inspired painting!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I love it. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the sweet comments!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Laura I'm obsessed!!! How much are you selling this for?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this! The color palette is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is a good brand of metallic paints, none of mine seem to pop off the canvas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this painting!! I was just googling IKAT canvas and voila. You did a great job and I hope that what I will be attempting turns out a quarter as nice. :)

    ReplyDelete