New work

Wednesday, August 15, 2012




Hello There!  I've been painting more in the studio, this one has become my husbands new favorite.  It's definitaly a little looser than the previous paintings.  I wish I could remember to take pictures as it evolves because the different layers of abstration underneath are so different!  I don't ever have expectations when I start, but sometimes I aim for certain colorways and this one took a right hand turn.  There is always a point when painting when you think "that is terrible...what did I do to it?...abort abort!!!" That's when it's so important to step back, take a break for a few hours and then come back fresh and with a glass of wine.   

What are your thoughts on these paintings I've been posting about?  I would love to know what others think besides my husband!  Leave a comment if you like or have a critique...



3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful painting. I like the blues. And the second to last photo is fantastic. I have a similar tin of the biscuits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, the colors in this painting work so well together. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting looks amazing, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete