New Work and some thoughts...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hi there!  I hope you had a great long weekend-I did for sure (minus when I was pulling weeds).  But, I wanted to post a new painting that I finished for a customer and I just love it!  I hope she does as well.  I have been ignoring my blog a little lately mostly because I don't know what to talk about on it.  Then it hit me after reading this....

I have been frustrated and trying new things on my blog for months and feel like I am getting nowhere.  But then I thought about why I really have a blog.  My job isn't blogging, I am an artist and textile designer first and foremost...but I felt like I had to have one.  It's true what Andrea said that there are so many blogs out there and so many ways of getting interesting content and pictures...that nothing is really original anymore.  I am completely guilty of doing an entire post straight from Pinterest.  I was always stressing about finding something new and interesting that sometimes my real work was ignored.  All the blogs that I love and check out daily look more like magazines or a resume builder and that's fine but not what I need to do here.  I hope I am not sounding rude, but I don't have time to edit posts in Photoshop and then recreate a layout, insert unique fonts and quirky little icons....I should be painting, sketching, following up leads, contacting my clients, making new collections, submitting my artwork and then a post about it.

I LOVE Pinterest, but I think I will keep my pins on my Pinboard where they should be.  Here on this blog, I might not post everyday or on a consistent basis, but it will be all about what I am working on or painting on...not what I am saving to my desktop and reposting (not that there is anything wrong with that).  So, if you can please remember to stop back by, I promise you will see original artwork (straight from my studio) and content.  You'll see all about my journey of developing my patterns for licensing and when and where they are available.  You'll see what I am developing and creating here and only here because that is my job!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this font! I found your artwork and then a mutual friend of ours... Andrea saw that I posted your stuff on my facebook! I have been struggling a LOT with what you wrote above. I try to make sure all of my posts are unique to what I do and often times question why I am doing it as well. I guess my hope is to help show my work and inspire others. I appreciate that your posts showcase your artwork! I love everything about your style! Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete