To Oklahoma City

Tuesday, May 21, 2013


Yesterday was a very scary evening for me.  My husband and I live about 3 hours NE of Oklahoma city in AR.  We moved here last summer from Chicago for my husband's work.  I have never experienced the intensity and seriousness of a tornado.  I grew up in Florida where occasionally a hurricane came through, but it was just days of rain.  The tail end of the F5 that hit OK city came right in our direction.  We had to get in the closet under our stairs because the sirens were going off.  I knew we would be ok, but you worry about windows blowing out.

I am so sadden for Oklahoma City and all that they have lost.  Thinking and praying for everyone that lost a loved one and for the children of Plaza Towers Elementary and Briarwood Elementary. 

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty image, prayer call, you created + posted. Such a sad (hard to believe) tornado destruction; glad that u r safe ... 3 hours away is still close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness. So, so sad. I'm glad you're safe. Praying for the rest of the state and those affected!

    ReplyDelete